51 Tips and Strategies for Generating More Leads and Sales by Writing and Producing Simple Audio Podcasts
If you are a COPYWRITER, you can gain enormous competitive advantage by offering your clients a single-source of copy for all the latest online marketing media.
If you are a MARKETER, you can generate more leads and sales by using audio – and not just print - in your online promotions.
But if you're like most copywriters and marketers I talk to, you have little or no experience with one of the most powerful of the new online marketing media incorporating audio: PODCASTS.
If you’re not using podcasting yet, that means the millions of people who listened to a podcast might have heard programs produced by your competitors – but not by YOU!
So you need to get up to speed on how to write and produce podcasts – fast – because:
- 44% of Americans listen to podcasts today.
- Podcast ad spending was $207 million in 2017 – and will hit $395 million by 2020.
- In 2017 there were 13.7 billion podcast downloads and streams.
The enormous popularity of iTunes, iPods, and mp3 has turned us into a nation of listeners.
With podcasting, you can reach millions of these listeners who might not respond to conventional marketing...and sell them on your product, service, organization, cause, or idea using online audio.
Getting up to speed in podcasting –once difficult, now easy.
It used to be that, to get up-to-speed on podcasting and other new media, you had to hire an expensive new media ad agency...or travel across the country to attend multi-day Internet marketing conferences or boot camps.
Now, in our e-book Podcasting Profits: 51 Tips and Strategies, Kim Stacey and I show you everything you need to know about how to write and produce podcasts in 100 tightly written pages.
- Converting audio content to wav and MPEG Layer-3 file formats for use in podcasts and other online marketing. Page 77.
- Attract more prospects to your podcasts with low-cost Internet radio. Page 36.
- Inexpensive microphone you can buy for less than $50 lets you create great podcasts right at your PC or Mac. Page 75.
- Make your podcasts crystal clear -- with a nylon stocking and a wire hanger. See page 76 to learn this neat little trick for podcast recording.
- Add vocal variety and interest to your podcasts – and make them more dynamic and engaging -- by using a co-host. Page 23.
- Involve prospects in your podcasts with listener feedback and participation. Page 37.
- 5 reasons why podcasting works – and should definitely be a part of your copywriting/marketing toolkit. Page 7.
- Use key word tags to increase your podcast’s ranking in the search engines. Page 39. Plus: how to find the right key words to use in your podcast tags. Page 43.
- Organizing your podcasts into segments. Radio and TV shows do it. Here’s why podcasters should, too. Page 24.
- 6 tips for creating irresistible podcast titles and subtitles that compel your prospects to listen. Page 41.
- Listing your podcasts on these podcast directories can make it easier for prospects to find you. Page 43
- 5 types of prospects who are ideally reached through podcasting … and 6 ways to use podcasts to influence them. Page 8.
- Improve your Web site’s SEO by posting transcriptions of your podcasts on the site. Page 45.
- Should you read your podcast verbatim from a script? The answer may surprise you. Page 24.
- 5 things you should do every week to promote your podcasts. Page 45.
- 12 social media Web sites that can help you promote your product online. Page 10.
- Finding joint venture partners for cross-promotion of your podcasts can widen your listening audience – generating more sales leads online. Page 46.
- The 3 most common podcasting mistakes – and how to avoid them. Page 25.
- Survey your market to find out what podcasting topics they want to hear – and then deliver those podcasts to them. Page 48.
- How to create a dynamic and hard-hitting podcasts for under $300. Page 12.
- Get the media to promote your podcasts to their readers by sending press releases through these online PR sites. Page 49.
- 5 rules for writing and producing podcasts that rock. Page 27.
- 8 ways to promote and distribute your podcast to your target market. Page 13.
- Add a graphic dimension to your podcasts by incorporating video files. Page 50.
- What’s the best time of day to publish podcasts aimed at iPod owners? Page 28.
- 4 tips for selecting the right podcast hosting service. Page 52.
- 7 steps to producing a powerful, profit-making podcast for your product. Page 18.
- Make money creating and selling premium podcasting content. Page 53.
- 4 tips for increasing leads and sales by inserting audio ads between segments of your podcast. Page 29.
- Monitoring and tracking competitor podcasts. Page 55.
- 4 questions to ask before you produce your next podcast – and one good answer to each. Starts on page 16.
- Choosing the right domain name for posting your podcasts online. Page 57.
- Make podcasting profits without producing a podcast: advertising on third-party podcasts. Page 31.
- Why you should create on online archive of all your podcasts on your Web site. Page 58.
- 7 things you need to know about your target market before you can craft an effective podcasting script for them. Page 17.
- Using MySpace, YouTube, and Twitter to create buzz for your new podcasts. Page 59.
- 3 important changes in podcasting that you should know about. Page 62.
- Promoting podcasts to the blogosphere. Page 32.
- 5 ways to attract more listeners to your podcasts with an RSS feed. Page 20.
- Best free software for creating and publishing your podcasts – terrific online tools that won’t cost you a dime. Page 34.
- How to make your podcast stand out with “album art” – an online graphic that looks like a CD cover. Page 21.
- Get more people to listen to your podcasts by writing and placing short articles on these Web sites. Page 35.
- How to create effective podcasts in your home or office at practically no cost. Page 73.
- Podcasting directories...blogging sides...podcast creation and hosting sites...social media sites...podcasting blogs...podcast distribution and tracking services...audio conference services...audio editing and conversion tools...
- Plus: FTP software … podcast advertising services … Internet radio … podcast album art designers … tell-a-friend scripts … article directories … article submission software … online survey tools … keyword research tools … and so much more. Starts on page 63.
Order now and save $30
The cover price of our Podcasting Profits E-Book is $69. But order today and you get a $30 discount off the regular rate.
Your investment is only $39. That’s less than what I charge for just 5 minutes of my time! If you know business, you know that’s a great deal.
And that’s the price you pay only when our podcasting tips and strategies quickly turn you into a confident and successful podcasting pro.
If they don’t, your cost is zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Because you can...
Use it risk-free for 90 days
If, after reviewing Podcasting Profits, you are dissatisfied for any reason...or for no reason at all...just let me know within 90 days.
I’ll refund your $39 payment in full. No questions asked. And you may keep the e-book with my compliments. That way, you risk nothing.
But I urge you to hurry. This special low introductory price – a $30 savings off the cover price – is for a limited time only.
You’re going to want to master podcasting. Right now, you can order Podcasting Profits on a risk-free 90-day trial basis for just $39. If you wait until the introductory offer is over, you’ll pay $69 for the exact same strategies and ideas.
So, what are you waiting for?
To order Podcasting Profits on a 90-day risk-free trial basis...and save $30... just click below now:
P.S. Quick-Response Bonus! Order Podcasting Profits today and you get a FREE Bonus Report, Online Marketing That Works (list price: $29).
8 affordable ways to drive traffic to your Web site. Page 12.
- How to break into your prospect’s “e-mail inner circle.” Page 6.
- 27 tips for writing e-mail marketing messages that work. Starts on page 33.
- How to write, publish, and distribute your own e-newsletter … and do it in less than 2 hours a month. Page 9.
- The 10 steps to outrageous online marketing success. Page 3.
- How I built my e-list from 3,000 names to 53,000 names in just 6 weeks for less than $1,000. Page 15.
- How to help search engines find your Web site. Page 18.
- Converting leads to sales with the “online conversion” strategy. Page 27.
- Most common Web site mistakes – and how to avoid them. Page 42.
- And more...
So what are you waiting for? To order Podcasting Profits...and get your FREE Bonus e-book...just click below now:
A copywriter for more than a quarter of a century, Bob has written promotions for over 100 clients including Phillips, Agora, KCI, 21st Century, Weiss Research, EBI Medical Systems, Sony, IBM, AT&T, Grumman, Crain Communications, McGraw-Hill, Intuit, and AlliedSignal.
Bob is the author of more than 60 books including The Copywriter’s Handbook (Henry Holt) and Business-to-Business Direct Marketing (NTC Business Books).
He has published more than 100 articles in such publications as Subscription Marketing, Direct, Business Marketing, Writer’s Digest, and Amtrak Express.
Bob’s writing awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, and the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association. He also taught writing at New York University.
Bob has appeared as a guest on dozens of TV and radio shows including The Advertising Show, Bernard Meltzer, CNBC, and CBS Hard Copy. He has been featured in major media ranging from the LA Times and Nation’s Business to the New York Post and the National Enquirer.
What they say about Bob Bly's copy and counsel
"Good things are happening. I am getting a steady stream of Trial and Demo requests from the new site. These requestors are filling out the entire contact form. The site is simpler now, and I am still working to make it even more so. I appreciate your work."
—Jim Romano, DataForceOne
"Thank you so much for your wonderful work. It has been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you on another project in the near future. You were always available, quick to answer questions and always exceeded my expectations. You truly are a gifted writer."
—Aaron Griffith, The Griffith
"Bob, again thanks for the great copy. You consistently help us reach customers with compelling, actionable content, when others just can't!"
—William McElleney, IBM
"The feedback keeps coming in and we all agree yours was a truly helpful, useful, insightful and effective workshop. You did a fantastic job inspiring the troops and we've already begun applying some of the key learnings."
—Paul Connors, Copywriting Manager, A large financial services company in the Chicago area
"Bob...your creative work, patience, and 'partnership' with us at IT Group has virtually propelled us to another level of business professionalism and recognition. The response we've received from your letters has been nothing short of tremendous. We've not only derived significant business from these unforgettable mailings – your efforts have sparked a creative energy within our ranks which will assist us in years to come. Thanks for your guidance and counsel."
—John A. Fallone, IT Group International
"I hired Bob on his reputation, and found it is well-deserved. His fact-finding process in preparation to write our copy was both painless and enlightening. The final deliverables were right on time as promised, and better than expected – which is saying a lot because my expectations were high. The first time I read his copy for our project, I literally got chills down my back – he nailed it the first time. Wow."
—Dennis Rosenberg, VP Marketing, VNUS Medical Technologies, Inc.
"Bob Bly did an amazing job with our company brochure. We are very impressed with his capacity to learn our product and to write copy so clearly and pointedly. Bob Bly is a great marketing investment."
—Michael Manoussos, Manhole Barrier Systems
";Great white paper! I'm in favor of the entire submission. Please congratulate Bob on a great effort."
—Michael C. Howard, Chasm Recovery
"Your Tax Loopholes ad looked great and is performing very well. Thanks for the strong copy."
—Brian Kurtz, Boardroom
"You did an excellent job. It's been a pleasure working with you on this project."
—Edward Brunet, Decatur Professional Development, LLC
"Thank you very, very much for doing such a great job on the ad. I was one of those folks who would read the ads in the DAK catalog by Drew Kaplan and this was as enjoyable for me as that."
—Chris Pickering, MeritDirect
"Bob . . . Just got the copy and advertisement you did for my new book . . . It's great! You are good! Great job . . . you have tremendous insights into what excites and what sells!"
—Don Libey, Libey Incorporated
"In my opinion, you are the best copywriter in the software industry."
—Judy MacDonald, Director of Marketing, Direct Response
"When I received the piece, I thought, I'll have to skim over it now and read it later. But, once I started, I couldn't stop! You did a GREAT job with Ken's story. I love it. It kept me reading. I'm VERY pleased with it."
—Craig Simpson, Ken Roberts Company
"Bob, it's been a pleasure to work with you!!! Thank you so much! I'm very happy with the copy; I feel it will give me good results."
—Alejandra P. Bigai, Romanicos Chocolate
"Thanks again for a great job."
—Davis Ross, Ross Advertising
"I just wanted to thank you again for the excellent work you did for us. You are the man and I can't tell you how much I admired your approach and service. Although I've never worked with a copywriter before, I think you set the standard pretty high. I look forward to working with you again. You certainly have my vote for the next round!"
—DP Jovine, Tycoon Research
"Great job – I’m always amazed at how you can boil the complex down into simple terms. It flows very well."
—Kyle Hodgens, Capital Financial Media
"Thank you for the copy. I see why you're the expert. It's so simple, it's brilliant."
—Sau Hyoung Pak, Big Machine
"The radio spots are very well done. I am very impressed with your work and copywriting expertise. We will be making the changes to the print ad as you suggested. In the future we may work with you to design a totally new print ad. Again I'd like to say I'm impressed with your services. You were prompt, informative, and definitely know your stuff. We will be recommending you to others and doing repeat business."
—Joshua Andrews, Health Solutions, LLC
"When people get to the promotion, the promotion has a good conversion rate. In one test, it actually had a 14% conversion to sale... can't ask for much better than that."
—David Galland, Casey Research
"I loved the ad! I don't see any reason for revision so I have already put through a check request for the balance I owe you on the ad. We are very excited about this one. I can't wait to see how it does. Thanks so much!"
—Alice Wessendorf, Agora Health Book
"I show off the work that we did on lead generation for negotiation -- as well as the conversion program from HMCL -- as big successes."
—Paul Szymanski, Harvard Business School Publishing
"Thank you for being very instrumental on making the launch of the wealth management book such a resounding success. It was so successful that we had to request more copies."
—Ingrid Boney, II
"Thanks, Bob! You are awesome to work with."
—Matt Morsa, Stock Secrets, Inc.
"I've spoken to a thousand copywriters over the years and Bob Bly is the best. He knows what he's doing."
—Joe Culotta, Natural Medicine Co.
"I am happy to report to you that your piece out produced the 4 other packages we tested against it. I want to talk to you about another project...."
—Nick Roumi, Pacific Coast Funding
"This is an outstanding letter. Really nice work!"
—Paul Szymanski, Harvard Business School Publishing
"Like the package ... the tone ... I think it's excellent."
—Bill Caskey, Caskey Sales Achievement
"We are very pleased with your copy approach because your copy seems to speak to the neurologist better than the copy in previous promotions. Moreover, your copy presses the sell better and more effectively. I really value your direct marketing copy capabilities and I'm thrilled to have you working with MedLink."
—Jim Chacona, MedLink